Monday, July 23, 2007

ADE 2007 Summer Institute

I am currently in Monterey, CA for the 2007 Apple Distinguished Educator Summer Institute. We will be here through Saturday. This will be a great opportunity for me to learn from other passionate about the same things that I am. I am looking forward to working with the other ADE's over the course of the next several years. I have not met everyone in our class yet, but I will. applecampus_3.jpgToday the new ADE's flew in to San Jose and were taken by bus to the Apple Campus in Cupertino. Yes, we visited the mothership, drank the Kool-Aid, and bought out the Retail Store on campus. It really was interesting to feel the energy on campus. The coolest thing I saw was the Executive Briefing Center, where Apple brings in groups to brief them on products, ideas, etc. We took a group photo in the quad, which I understand is a rare occurrence as photography is not allowed inside Infinite Loop. We then boarded the buses for the drive to Monterey, or more accurately, California State University at Monterey Bay. It is an interesting campus to say the least. It is actually contained within an old military installation so you have a mixture of old military style buildings and more modern buildings. We are "dorming" it in a modern dorm building. It is kind of fun. I have the privilege of rooming with Tom Woodward. ade20071stdinner.jpgThis evening we had a delightful Mexican buffet (the shrimp fajitas were great) and introductory meeting. Tomorrow is a busy day with some introductory presentations and then a vendor fair in the afternoon through dinner. Tomorrow a group of alumni ADE's will also descend upon us which I am really looking forward to. This is going to be a great week and it has just begun. See You in a Few!

No comments: