Wednesday, March 31, 2010

1 Year and Loving IT!

One year ago today, I walked into a former elementary school. It had been re-purposed as the initial home for the new Canyons School District. I walked into a new job. I had, the previous day walked out of a job I thought I would have for the rest of my career. I was nervous, apprehensive, but more than anything else, excited for the challenge that would lie ahead.

It has been a whirlwind of a year. I can’t believe it has been a year. It has gone by so fast. There has been a lot accomplished and there is still a ton more to do, but I am so grateful for the opportunity that I was given to come and work here. To build something new was not something I was planning on 18 months ago or even 15 months ago. But, here we are building.

I have to thank my directors for allowing me this opportunity and for having the courage to blaze this trail. I also have to thank my team and all of the teams in the department for the tremendous work we have all done together over the past year

. I am psyched for what lies ahead in the coming year.

No comments: